Selma man dies following crash of stolen car | News
NANAFALIA, AL (WSFA) - A single-vehicle crash Tuesday night claimed the life of a Selma man. Jessie James Lewis Jr., 20, was killed when the 1998 Honda Accord that he was driving left the roadway, struck a tree and overturned.
Lewis was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected. The crash occurred at 10:30 p.m. on Alabama 10 at the 33 mile marker, one half mile east of Nanafalia.
The vehicle had been reported stolen and speeding was a factor in the crash.
No further information is available as State Troopers continue to investigate.
Source: Alabama State Troopers
Upcoming Events near Demopolis
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Marion Military Institute softball team takes part in Miracle League
- Single-vehicle crash claims life of Greensboro man
- Etowah County Schools picked for learning support system program - Gadsden Times
- Prosecutor with DeKalb roots voted District Attorney of the Year - CrossRoadsNews
- Governor Bentley Announces More than $900,000 Available to Eight Alabama Counties for Safer Homes